LLN National Forum
HEFCE agreed funding to support the National Lifelong Learning Network Practitioner Forum in March 2006. Hosted by Higher York, the forum was established as a network for sharing ideas, good practice, policy developments, and is a two-way conduit with others in pursuit of the wider objectives of LLNs.
In addition to holding an annual conference, the Forum has:
- facilitated regular, themed and subject based meetings of practitioners ('workstrands')
- held a register of those involved in the LLN community to facilitate experience sharing and self-help
- provided a focus for evaluation and research around the work of LLNs, including the co-ordination of peer evaluation
- sought other means of sharing good practice and influencing the development of LLNs
- acted as a resource and mechanism for supporting and informing HEFCE in the development of LLN strategy.
The LLN National Forum team
Colin Mellors, Chair
Claire Newhouse, Co-ordinator
Sue Ferrier, Administrator